Thursday 8 May 2014

One Wednesday

I stared from face to face
Some withered and lying down
Most still strong and seated
I played the angel of death
At least for that moment

He is stricken, weak enough to lie
His chest riddled with cheese
Eyes wide open as if staring at death...me?
Only he knows his story
I can only imagine

They are partners
Apart on the same bench
She gave me...No he did
Their unspoken grudge
Eats them up within
Faster than that virus can ever dream

I feel they are closer to death
I must be losing my mind to imagine that
Who am I to stand as judge even for a second
Over those caught up in this battle
They have come to fight for time
They have stared death in the face
And live they shall...

jide olee akeju
12pm 05/03/09
HIV/AIDS clinic every Wednesday here in Langtang....Lets help those affected everywhere have a good life despite the odds in every way possible

No comments:

Post a Comment