Thursday 12 November 2015

GAME ON!!!

Before the APC elected president Buhari as the party's flag bearer in 2014, many Nigerians screamed that he was an old option and that the party needed relatively fresh men like Raji Fashola to run for the highest office in the land.  The funny bit of all this is that even some Jonathan apologist suggested that they could have considered thinking of backing the APC if a certain BRF was the point man. A few others simply turned their backs on Buhari because they paid full attention to Nnamdi Kanu, some clergy and PDP politicians who played the ethno-religious card. 

Fast forward to almost 12 months later,  Raji Fashola is now the minister of Power, Works and Housing and some people are already speculating that this role is going to paralyse his shoulders.  Is this not the same man who many wished that he became president or vice president at least?  What better opportunity is there for him to audition for the office of president of the federation? He has a ministry formed from the fusion of two ministries from previous administrations which includes one chronically ill one. 

My colleague asked me this morning about my impressions of yesterday's inauguration. I told him the list was perfect but he cautioned me that nothing was perfect and I agreed wholeheartedly with that.  I was surprised at some of the appointments but some I accurately predicted (at least to myself). Finance,  foreign affairs and internal affairs were some I couldn't have predicted correctly.  Health was the perfect choice while Amaechi and Fashola must be ready with their umbrellas and sun screen creams as they will be working more often than not outdoors.  

Overall I am satisfied and optimistic that we are in for a swell ride to 2019 and beyond.  There are many professors mismanaging hospitals,  higher institutions and other agencies;  junior or Senior minister all they are required to do is shelve their egos and do their jobs. The president is indeed a very funny individual;  he definitely shattered ribs when he announced himself as the substantive minister of petroleum resources and when he added "her excellency " when he called Mama Taraba. Those who are quick to say that he can't handle a portfolio should know that the prime minister of Canada who they readily reference has another portfolio which he directs. 

As for me,  I am looking for recommendations and connections to gain access into the ministry of environment.  I have realised that I may have a calling in issues that pertain to the Eco system and some of the things the United nations is always talking about.  I have no doubt that the atmosphere in that ministry would be perfect for me to work;  I will no doubt be loyal and respond perfectly to instructions issued by the new minister there.

No comments:

Post a Comment